Project "Strengthening the supportive environment and expanding prevention and treatment measures to reduce the burden of HIV and tuberculosis in the Republic of Tajikistan"
Objective: To improve HIV testing, detection of new cases of HIV and tuberculosis and to increase the coverage of ARV therapy among PWID using innovative approaches and methods
• Increase HIV testing and HIV detection among PWID.
• Increase coverage of ARV treatment for all detected HIV cases according to the "Test, Treat" principle
• Improve access to prevention programs - harm reduction, syringe and needle exchange, and low-threshold services.
• Disseminate standard information materials on HIV prevention, legal advocacy and human rights among PWID covered by the ARV treatment
• Provision of legal assistance to PWID / PLHIV
• Increase TB case detection among key and vulnerable populations
Donor: The Global Fund to Fight against AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (UNDP - Tajikistan)
Implementation period: From March 01, 2021 till August 31, 2022